- Insert a DVD Movie into the PlayStation®2.
- You should receive a message informing you that the Parental Level has been set, and asking if you’d like to allow the disc to play. Highlight “Yes” and then press the X button.
- A new window will appear asking you to temporarily change the Parental Control to a different level. Again, highlight “Yes”, and then press the X button.
- Another window will appear asking you to enter your Password. Above that window are numbers (0-9).
- Do not enter your password, but instead, press the select button on your Controller. This will change the text in the window from “Enter Password” to “Delete Password”.
- Using the numbers above the window, input 7444. If successful, you will receive a message stating “Deletion Complete”.
- Press Select. You will now be asked to register a new password. Please select a four-digit code of your choosing.
- You will be asked to confirm your password selection by inputting the same code once again. If successful, you will receive a message stating “Registration Confirmed”.
- Now you need to turn off the password altogether. The movie should have started playing by now. Press select and chose Setup. Go to the parental control “tab” and set the level to “off”.
- Now you should be able to watch any movie.
I was trying to find out how to change my Playstation 2 DVD Parental Control Password since I am the only one who uses it. I found a resource that explained how to accomplish this.
- Insert DVD into Playstation 2
- When the “Enter Password” screen appears, press the select button
- Enter 7444 as the password to reset (7444 is the default by Sony)
- Next, enter a new password
- Confirm new password
That is all….So easy
parental control, password reset, playstation 2, ps2, sony