Version Number Update: 1.4 (2/2/07)
Incompatible with WordPress 2.3: old category table.1 Possibly incompatible: upgrade-functions.php.
*** NOTE: Category Converter compatible with mysql server versions 4.0 and greater ***
When you begin blogging, you think about the types of genres you want to write about…what interests you…but over time those ideas change and you branch out. Well if you established categories in your blog when you first started, those might not be what you are blogging about any more. What about if you wanted to condense categories, it is very time consuming.
I have been in that situation where I wanted to condense my 25 categories into 7-10 categories. Up until now, there were no tools to help you accomplish this goal.
I decided to write a WordPress plugin Called: [download#1#nohits]
Category Converter Features:
- Condense wordpress categories
- Rename categories
- Add categories
- Delete moved categories
1. Download the [download#1#nohits] Plugin
2. Unzip the file and put category_converter.php into wp-content/plugins/
3. Click on the Plugins tab in the Admin panel and activate the Category Converter plugin.
1. After the plugin is activated, click on “Go To Plugin” to use it. (Also in Options tab under Category Converter)
2. Under the category that you would like to move, click “move to”
3. Choose the category you would like to move to and then hit submit
blog, blogging, categories, category converter, converter, ella, plugins, wordpress, wordpress 2.1